Matrix Order Processing is a Modular designed, high performance software product, with product and image integration, that your staff will utilize to rapidly process customer order transactions, be they order entry or many inquiries into current or years of historical orders held on the system.
Modular has designed this unique software based on the basic theory that there is no specific, standard way to process a sales order. Even within the same vertical industry, competing distributors have vastly different business models that require unique order entry techniques. Pricing programs, inventory allocation rules, promotional activities, incentive programs, payment terms, shipping strategies, etc., all vary considerably from company to company. Thus Modular has developed software solutions with an object structure that are variable, based on the premise that each distributor's order processing operation is unique and different.
Matrix Order Processing is an integrated, graphical real time order processing solution that includes:
- High speed order entry designed to minimize keystrokes required to find information through window searches on customers, ship-to locations, products, past orders, order status, A/R details, sales history information, customer payment history and other key customer service information.
- Pop-up notes for credit, sales, product or delivery notations appear to help the customer service or inside sales person be completely up to date on a customer's situation, and to be proactive in satisfying that customer.
- Automatic sales quote to sales order conversion.
- Unique pricing rules for each Customer, including multiple prices, category and product discounts, quantity breaks, contract prices, cost plus, rebates, etc., are handled within the Modular Pricing sub-module.
- Long term orders, without inventory commitment until a specific later date.
- Alternate product descriptions for multi-language or customer-specific requirements.
- Links to Matrix A/R for automatic credit review on the customer account, and order holds, warnings and order release decisions based on different situations.
- Automatic cross reference logic, and search options, between your product identity and a customer, vendor, competitor or generic part number or description.
- Date and time stamping of all stages of an order's life cycle, even if it started as a Quotation or Price & Delivery Inquiry, through release to the warehouse(s), picking, shipping and invoicing. Generation of order processing statistics.
- Fast, integrated non-stock or "special order" routine within the order lines, with data captured to start the requisition process.
You are here:
Customer Order Cycle